Sunday, July 12, 2009

Uh, thanks.

Sigh. While straightening up some papers, I just came across an (unopened) package of "first birthday" thank you notes.

Since Owen's first birthday was 4 months ago, and I currently have no other child who is either imminently celebrating or just celebrated a first birthday, you can do the math. I assure you I had the best of intentions, and I think that I may have even convinced myself that I actually sent and wrote them. Which I clearly did not. And quite honestly, the chances of me at this point ever doing so diminish by the second.

I'm not ruling out the possibility. If you attended Owen's first birthday you may at some point in the future receive a kicky, sports themed thank you note. But it probably won't be soon. Or before Owen can sign his name himself. So, I apologize profusely for my rudeness - don't hold Owen accountable, he's just slightly too young to commit major social faux pas. And thank you very, very much for coming out and celebrating with us and bringing Owen a gift, if you did. We all enjoyed seeing you and are as always, touched by your generosity.

No comments: