Thursday, October 29, 2009

Anyone know a toddler with a really small head?

I made the toddler aran sweater from Tina Barrett's Natural Knits for Babies and Toddlers. I'm posting it because despite the fact that the pattern was written poorly, and despite the fact that it took me forever to troubleshoot the mistakes and make the body and sleeves come out correctly, I stuck with it because I really liked the pattern. Now I'm finally finished, and the neck is so small there is no way this sweater is going over the head of any child over the age of 6 months. So annoying! So, if you got here because you googled the designer name and the pattern, my advice is to skip it. There are plenty of adorable toddler cable knits out there, and this one is more trouble than it's worth. I'm supremely annoyed that I spent almost 3 weeks making this, and there's no way Owen can wear it. If you have any use for this, let me know. it's yours.

now I need to find another pattern - and buy more yarn - for Owen to wear at the holidays. knitters, any suggestions?





Edit to add: the color is really off in these photos. The sweater is actually not that putrid yellow. It's more of a cream. Dunno what happened with the camera.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Jenny, it's so beautiful! Can't you shrink your son's head? Can't you wrestle it over him? Gosh, how terrible a waste. I think I would be cramming it over Liam's head with all my might. I just finished my second ever scarf. I am v. beginner.