Sunday, January 1, 2012

Is this better?

We spent some time today playing around with the arrangement on the furniture. Which living room do you like better? The original layout is in the post prior to this one, so you can check that out to compare. We did a "floating" room within the bigger room on the advice of my friend Kim. I think it's better. what do you think?
We also got rid of the TV from the front of the house and put it in the back bedroom. It makes the front of the big living/dining area look so much better, but we still feel like the dining room table doesn't look right in the front of the house. So we still have the awkward hutch issue, but I think it's less awkward now that the living room is rearranged.

1 comment:

Lauren Trahan said...

I think the new layout looks awesome. I also suspect you could pull off the formal dining room in that other space. Our house in Maryland had a very open layout (even more so than our current house), so that you could see the dining room from almost anywhere. I made a screen (yes, I watched too much TLC Trading Spaces before kids) to help divide the space (and hide the back of my upright piano which was floating in between our living room and dining room). It was really inexpensive.