Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Owen gets baptized, sits in funny chair:

We had a busy, busy weekend, during which we had Owen's baptism. It turned out to be a really nice day, and we sincerely appreciate everyone who took the time to come and also who helped us celebrate. There are approximately a kajillion baptism photos now, with every permutation of Owen and immediate/extended family members possible, so I thought I'd just put up one of the actual happenin':



I'll throw in this one b/c it's relatively flattering of me. No one will ever accuse me of NOT being vain.



Now this, you see: this was at the after-baptism party, when the baby had kicked off his white duds and got his party clothes on, and was presented with the following thoughtful gift from my Aunt Suzy:



the above chair with attached umbrella is PRECISELY the sort of thing that I swore up, down and sideways that when I was a parent, we would not have. It's plastic, it's totally impractical, it's got a useful life of approximately six months, and it's even personalized, lowering it's utility for subsequent (or unrelated) children. But it WAS a gift, and he's so damn cute in the chair....resistence is futile. I should just accept it now.

No comments: