Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Uncle

I am still a staunch cloth diaper advocate, and after having invested in a full set of cloth diapers birth through toddlerhood I'm not about to give up and buy disposeables now. However, there is a limit when it comes to handling and laundering diapers, and I think I have reached it. 2 kids in cloth is one kid too many. So, this weekend the project is potty training. I got one of those 70's style "potty train in just one day" books, which promises me that 'any child of normal intelligence over 20 months can be quickly and happily trained, in an average of 4 hours'. I like the authors' style here: see what they've done? If the method doesn't work, it's not the program that's at fault, it's your kid, who is obviously cognitively impaired. Very crafty.

Anyway, who knows if it will work or not, but it's worth a try. Potty adventures commence. here we go...

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Hi Jenny. That is exactly what we started doing LAST weekend! We are having some degree of success. I too read a book and was like, let's do it right now! Right this minute! And I should tell you, make sure you have lots of underwear and sweatpants. Lots meaning in the order of 20 or so of each. At least. I thought I was going to go insane after day 1 but each day got somewhat better. It's still very time consuming and exhausting on day 6 but we are getting there. And I've decided to back down from the whole no diapers ever stance to the diapers for naps and bedtime.